Welcome to abbeyleix
Morrissey’s is situated on the main street in Abbeyleix and is one of Ireland’s finest and best loved pubs. It originally was a thatched one
storey house but opened in 1775 as a grocery shop. A second floor was added in 1880, with its high wooden shelves lining the walls and that famous pot belly stove that is still there today. The half shop half pub adds to its charm.